Monday, September 6, 2010

Home and Away

Does time travel faster here? Does it get to the front of every queue just before me? Does it watch every movie before I do? Does it get to work 5 min earlier every day? Yes. Yes, it does.

But at the end of the day, even time gets tired. It sits on the other sofa, just next to Erika, and it sinks back into the unresisting cushions. The cat sometimes jumps on its lap, but time isn't good at cat stroking. It has a nervous tick-tock.

So look, here is where two girls, one cat, time and I repose...

Money Street

Yes, I'm in the money now. Cash rich and time poor. But New Zealand beckons, and I shall need my hard earned dollars for the next stage of this voyage.

Our House
...in the middle of our street, which happens to be a 7 minute walk from town. Handy. Or footy. Anyway, it's all worked out rather well. We pay less than 60 dollars a week each, and that means we can save muchos nachos. I do like crisps. On the down side, the living room ceiling leaks, the toilet is outdoors, and our room is a bit damp. I like it though. Feels like the house is being reclaimed by its surroundings. 

The Domain of the Sofa
The above photo was taken by attaching the camera to one of the rain drops that fell through the ceiling. It was a tricky process.

Where Food Happens

Looking towards the Poddington Peas

Michi the cat

"Prrrrrrt", says Michi. She also bends her body like a shark giving a warning signal. Her tail vibrates in the upraised position. This means she wants affection. I write this in the present tense, because this is most likely what she is doing at this very minute. She is a most likely cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment