Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Life Goes BLOOP

BLOOP is the noise of heavy liquids moving rapidly. Well then, we two waterbags have well and truly blooped. We boarded planes and blooped at first merrily, then soon wearily, and continued blooping until we arrived somewhere really quite different to the place we first began.


This will come as a surprise to some people. Not the blooping - I'm sure you all had me down as a potential blooper. Or even the fact that I am now writing this upside down. (It's true, if you removed the distance that now seperates us, the soles of our feet would be touching.) The surprises are as follows: Firstly, I have moved to a place almost bereft of rock. Secondly, I have moved here with a lovely lady. Since there are those who I have not spoken to for quite some time, I must make special mention of this fact, for this fact is special. My lovely lady's name is Julie. Here she is:


Behind Julie, the less blind of you will have spotted an expanse of water. This is the Swanless river, in the fine city of Smurf. We currently live in a backpacker hostel, seen below on the left.

--

We have been here for two weeks. Things are very different. The buses are free. A pint costs seven quid. They have heat lamps in the climbing walls. And marmite tastes nice/horrible (delete your opinion of English marmite and you'll be left with a suitable adjective for the antipodean variety).

If you still don't know where we are, here's a clue:

Anyway, enough for now. I promise not to write regularly, if ever again. Check back soon to read the same post. There is a hidden message. But only if you are good at creating such things where none really exist.

1 comment: